A Patron of the EAOD is anyone who supports the fencing community in Ealdormere
Petition for advancement: Ask. Anyone who wishes to be considered a patron should be accepted.
For special service beyond this, the Academy may vote to accord a Patron a gold stripe on their scarf. This would cover those whose support is more active and of long duration. Examples of service include, but are certainly not restricted to: assistance at list tables, assistance with paperwork, support of fence as a chirurgeon or waterbearer, constructing garb for fencers, making equipment (hilts, etc.) for fencers, research of any kind into fencing or the culture of the rapier era, etc.
Duties of Patrons:
Include, but are not limited to:
- Have Fun!
- Provide moral support for fencers
- Be proud of the connection to the Academy
Symbol of Rank:
A purple scarf
- Dame Asa Gormsdottir
- Mistress Cainder ingen Hui Chatharnaig
- His Grace Edward the Red – founding ruler
- Lady Elzebeth MacGregor – wishes to offer her assistance to the EOAD community in reading/editing of papers.
- Viscountess Morgon the Fey Wanderer of Ealdormere
- Her Grace Rylyn Buchanan – founding ruler
- Her Majesty Tangwystl Caterina D’Courci
- Viscount Ziegfried Gunter Von Wieselburg