Eric's SCA Music Liners & CDR Info.
- All CDs made by me after March 2003 now have CD Plus again - with the song
title and copyright info displaying on CD players that support CD Plus.
- On April 2001 my CD burner died and the new software does not support CD Plus [text information about the tracks] yet so that has been removed from the CDs.
- On March 2001 most CDs were released in slim [1/2 the normal thickness] cases for reduced shipping weight and cost.
Here are the slim liners are in ZIPed Postscript.
- As of March 2000 all CDs are now made in Disk-at-Once format. Previously all CDs were
made with Track-at-Once
- All CDs dated after March 2000 and many made in March 2000 now use CD Text to add the song titles and copyright information onto the CDs so that it will be visable on CD Text compatable CD players [very rare as of March 2000].
Sales Summary (since February 1998)
As of March 23, 2004 here are my sales:
2699 CDs sold
1493 CDs for suppliers (primarily USA - Greg)
516 CDs shipped via mail order
The number of CDs sold to date
Joy & Jealousy: 321
Ansteorrian Dance Symposium: 29
The Companions of St. Cecilia 1, 2: 251, 265
Tape of Dance #2, #3, #4: 306, 263, 142
Inns of Court: 241
Toons and Trips: 225
Incomplete Arbeau 222
Del's Dance Disc: 155
Marian Ensemble 56
MP3 CD 9
CDs destroyed by failing burners: 107
CDs used for Backups and music distribution: 75
Inns Of Court: 75
Joy & Jealousy: 44
161 CDs burnt in Asus burner
As of March 10, 2003 here are my sales:
Sales (total) : 2,393
Sales (re-sellers): 1,239
As of March 26, 2001 here is info about my sales:
Sales (total) : 1,520
Sales (re-sellers): 950
Personally delivered orders (War): 400
Goal: To recover the costs of the CDR media only and not the cost of the CD burner.
Shipping: At cost. Used shipping boxes and envelopes are re-used.
Distribution: I distribute master CDs to several site for mfg (Australia, USA).
Word Perfect (8.0), PDF, Postscript CD liners
- CDs of Dance - LOD version
- Mock Hobby Horse
- The Companions of St. Cecilia Vol 1 (single CD case) ZIP archive
- The Companions of St. Cecilia Vol 2 (single CD case) ZIP archive
- Version 4 - added Newcastle from Ansteorran Dance Symposium - March 21, 2000 (PDF)
- Version 3 - added tracks from Ansteorran Dance Symposium tape + graphics from original tape - June 9, 1999 (PDF)
- Version 2a - added credits for music arrangers.
- Original release
- The Tape of Dance Vol. 2
There are 2 versions of this CD. The original used analog filtering for
noise reduction. All CDs made after June 15, 1998 were re-made with digital
filtering to reduce the noise and make the sound a bit more "clearer".
- Slim Version 4.0 Postscript - Made using 80 min. CDRs - added 3 of the 4 Basse dance tracks that were removed for 74 min. CDs
- Version 3.0a - updated LOD editor info on CD liner (PDF)
- Version 3.0 - has 5 second leaders - Casulle was deleted
- Version 2.0 - has 31 tracks (ie some synth Bassa music added)
- pre. v 2.0 - had no synth. Bassa music
- Tape of Dance Vol. 3
- Tape of Dance Vol. 4
- Del's Dance Disc
- Production of this CD was discontinued Jan. 4, 2002. Nearly every track is available in a
better form on other CDs I make.
- Version 6.0 ZIP archive - converted to CD Plus with audio session before the digital one - March 10, 2000 (PDF)
- Version 5.0 ZIP archive - Maanschaft & Earl of Salsbury deleted - cover art added - July 6, 1999
- Version 4.0 ZIP archive - Pease Bransle was deleted - March, 1999
- Version 3.0 ZIP archive - October, 1998
There are various versions of this CD. I started by adding as many songs as
possible. Since then I've started removing songs to make room for digital data
The current release (V 4.0 made after mid. Oct. 1998) contains back issues of The Letter of Dance plus some translated manuscripts from various web sources..
- Ansteorran Dance Symposium AS xxvii
- Early Dance Music from Ansteorran
- v1.0 CD liner (PDF) was based upon 2 original CDs:
- Incomplete Arbeau
- Inns of the Court
- Shire of Isles: Toons and Trips liner ZIP archives
- Music by the Marian Ensemble:
- version 2.0d adds Del's Dance Book from Del's Dance Disc
- Version 2 liners - with watermark (PDF)
- version 2.0c
- version 2.0b adds my melody web pages (Christmas & SCA dance song melody lines for recorders)
- Version 2.0a fixes minor problems with the HTML pages as well as adding a few Real Audio files (2M) that were omitted on the ver. 2 release.
- version 2 liner ZIP archive
Version 2 adds the music from all 10 CDs in Real Audio as well as the extra
digital info on the MP3 CD; ie 240+ songs of sheet music, back issues of The
Letter of Dance and much more.
- version 3 liner ZIP archive July 28, 1999
- added Ansteorran Dance Symposium AS xxvii
- added Ansteorran Early Period Dance Music Volumes 1 & 2
- version 1 liner ZIP archive
- MP3 CD
- Joy and Jealousy
- Version 2.0 - a slowed track was removed to reduce the CD to 73:47 (June 24, 1998) Here is the liner ZIP archive for that version. (PDF)
- Version 2.0 - made by Pug & Greg - The 5 sec. blank leader was removed from every song of the version 2.0 CD.
- Ellisif's announcement of every song was removed from the beginning
of every track and a 5 second leader was added. June 22/98
- Pre version 2.0 - There are a handfull of versions that are not identified in any way. The
first was a straight copy of the master CD. Then 10 slowed tracks were added (over 74 min. total time) then that was reduced to 9 slowed tracks. Then Rostiboli was replaced with a better version done on my synth.
Depreciated CD liners and Info
Here is my experience with CDRs for making these CDs
Nov. 2002: Creative 8438 burner is dead after 745 CDs were burnt. It has calibration problems so that CDs do not play reliably on cheaper CD players (roving blank spots) starting half way
thru the CD.
Oct. 2002: Two HP 7200 burners died after only about 250 CDRs each.
Feb. 2002: My Creative 8438 burner does not, accept, read or burn 700M Memorex CDRs!
Jan. 2002: Nero software (5.5.64) burns some of my CDs with tracks missing!
Jan. 2002: My Creative 8438 burner doesn't recognize Memorex 700M CDRs and was flaky with a
previous formulation of the same CDR several months ago! Creative Tech. Support tells me not to
use the CDRs that don't work with the machine!
March 26, 2001: My Sony CRX 100E burner died. I would not suggest Sony products to anyone. This is the 3rd failure of a Sony burner that I've had. I don't use them for anything
but burning and so they must have an extreamly short life (928 models both failed after 250 CDRs and the 100E lasted for about 550 CDs).
The Sony CRX 100E never worked reliably at 4x speed with any brand of CDR.
Jan 2001: I've verified that the Sony CRX 100E does not like burning anything at 4x speed with gold, blue or silver CDRs. I consider it totally unreliable at 4x burning for audio.
My Sony 928 failed again. This time it is failing with seek errors
(ie mechanical failures). It was replaced by Sony Canada with a newer CRX 100E. The CRX 100E
was sent back for repairs. It does not work well with TDK blue CDRs at anything but 1x and 2x
speed. The software is much improved but I would not recommend this model to anyone because
no other model that I've used (Mitsumi, Yamaha, HP) has problems with TDK blue CDRs!
Sony 928 burner failed after 250 CDRs. It would not work reliably with anything but
deep green CDRs (high failure with blue BASF, gold Maxell CDRs). Sony replaced all of the electronics and then it worked with gold and blue CDRs
but by 250 CDRs it was not calibrating properly again.
When playing the marginal CDRs - cheaper CD players would have moving "blank" or "noisy"
parts in the music or the CD player may not find a certain track or take a
long time to find a track. None of my CD players experienced these problems but
a friends Sony Walkman and cheap boom-box had no end of problems with the
no-name CDRs or any color other than gold burnt at 1x speed!
So if you are experiencing strange problems, it could be due to your burner
and not the CDs; even though some CDs apparently don't work in some CD ROMs.
Personally I would not recommend the Sony 928 to anyone. Mine has cost me
no end of problems and after only 700 CDs it is now experiencing seek failures.
Luckily that #@$#@$ model is out of production.
|Brand||Color||Write Failures||Number used||Problems?||General Comments
||no-name||gold-green||10%||30||NONE played properly|
on some players
Made in Japan
Made in Mexico
Some tracks have noise or music drop-outs
Nice white CD back
|6%||60||Ok - CD back is not clear
||Pacific Digital||pale blue||10%||25||Junk - several burners/CDROMs have problems reading these!
||Verbatum||blue||0%||20||Junk (delaminate when flexed)
Back to my home page